Friday, February 12, 2010

Meet Our New Sponsor

Special thanks to our new sponsor of @abolishcancer for today, Michele Jakoboski, @sj214 on Twitter. Michele agrees to donate $1 to @THON for every new follower of @abolishcancer. (up to 200 followers- 2,733) . We are very appreciative of Michele’s willingness to sponsor and help make a difference in our quest to @abolishcancer.

Here is a little background about Michele:

Penn State and THON are near and dear to Michele’s heart. Not only did she graduate from Penn State but so did her father and two sisters. Her son and nephew are current students (SR/FR). Michele lives in southwest Ohio, is a registered nurse, and is a very active volunteer in her community.

Here’s how Michele explained why she wanted to sponsor and support THON:

“I canned and supported friends at the beginning of THON when it was in the HUB Ballroom. My sister danced in the White Bldg. During my time at Penn State I volunteered and worked for many charities but nothing touched my heart like those kids! Penn State is not just my school it is part of who I am and I am so very proud of all the students who work hard to help find an end to pediatric cancer.”

It’s people like Michele that not only continue to support great groups like THON but are passionate about making a difference in the battle against cancer. It proves that we can all make an impact in the lives of others in our quest to @abolishcancer. Thanks Michele!

“Power of the People, Through Twitter, to @abolishcancer”

No comments:

Post a Comment